The small sunroom above will be demolished to make way for a new dining room, 2nd lounge, master bedroom with ensuite and walk in wardrobe - bring it on!! Of course to get to this stage we had lots of work to do and lots of fees to pay, these included....
1. Retrieve original plans of house from Council $57
2. Council building & construction levy $527
2. Detailed survey of property $1133
3. Draughtsman (includes all council and private certifier paperwork) $4840
4. Private Certifier (including all inspections paper work) $1337
5. Engineers plans for footings and foundations $880
All of the above was paid up before any building began so make sure you allow for fees if you are planning a renovation, it is a big hidden expense that a lot of newbies don't factor into their budget. It took around 5 weeks to get that all organised and the plans were approved quickly thanks to our Draughtsman and Private Certifier.